SNAP Test is a national-level management entrance test, conducted yearly by the Symbiosis International Deemed University (SIU). SNAP test scores are valid for admission to 15 institutes under the ambit ofSymbiosis International Deemed University (SIU). The scores are valid also for admissions to various other MBA or equivalent courses. Every year around 50000-60000 students take the SNAP. SNAP 2018 Answer Key was officially released for the first time this year. The answer key was released on December 19, 2018 and the window to challenge any answer was open till December 21, 2018. SNAP 2018 was conducted on December 16, 2018 in an online mode in 92 cities all over India. The exam was held for two hours (from 2 pm to 4 pm) and the questions asked in SNAP test were objective in nature. The exam paper carried 130 questions divided into4 sections. There is no sectional cut-off in SNAP exam. According to experts the SNAP question paper was easier than last two years. The candidates had no difficulty in solving the SNAP test paper provided they covered all the important topics during exam preparation.
|Exam Name||Symbiosis National Aptitude Test (SNAP)|
|Conducting Body||Symbiosis International University|
|Exam Level||National Level Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Exam Duration||2 hours (2pm to 4pm)|
|Purpose||Admission to 15 institutes under SIU|
|No. of Test Cities||92 centres|
|Exam Helpdesk No.||020-39116226|
• SNAP exam pattern was revised in 2018. The total number of questions has been reduced from 150 to 130. However, no change has been made to either the total number of possible marks that can be earned by an aspirant or to the number of sections on exam.
• In 2018, SNAP introduced ‘Special Questions’. SNAP 2018 exam paper will be divided into two types of questions: Normal Questions and Special Questions. The normal questions are the Multiple Choice Questions that will have 4 possible responses; one correct and the other three incorrect.. Test-takers need to select one correct answer out of the options provided.
• Special questions were non-MCQs and required that the answers were typed in using a virtual keyboard. Normal Question carry 1 marks and Special Questions 2 marks each
• While the possible total marks remain 150, there has been a change in the marking scheme of the sections. General English, Quantitative, Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency, and Analytical & Logical Reasoning each had a total of 35 questions, carrying a total of 40 marks per section. The Current Affairs section will see a total of 25 questions, for a possible total score of30 marks
• Earlier, the exam was conducted in an offline mode, but from last year, the authorities have moved away with the conventional pen-paper based exam and have introduced the exam in an online mode
15 Symbiosis colleges accept SNAP scores. The MBA colleges that accept SNAP exam scores are affiliated to Symbiosis International University, Pune. Find below the list of colleges that accept SNAP scores:
|List of Colleges accepting SNAP scores|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management (SIBM, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Computer Studies & Research (SICSR, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Management and Human Resource Development (SCMHRD, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of International Business (SIIB, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Telecom Management (SITM, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Management Studies (SIMS, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Media & Communication, Pune (SIMC, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Operations Management (SIOM, Nashik)|
|Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT, Pune)||Symbiosis Institute of Health Sciences (SIHS, Pune)|
|Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Bengaluru (SIBM, Bengaluru)||Symbiosis School of Media & Communication, Bengaluru (SSMC, Bengaluru)|
|Symbiosis School of Banking and Finance (SSBF, Pune) (Formerly Symbiosis School of Banking Management)||Symbiosis Institute of Business Management, Hyderabad (SIBM, Hyderabad)|
|Symbiosis School of Sports Sciences (SSSS, Pune)||-|
|MBA||MBA (Innovation and Entrepreneurship)|
|MBA Marketing||MBA Human Resources|
|MBA (Information Technology)||MBA (Infrastructure Development and Management)|
|MBA (Business Analytics)||MBA (International Business)|
|MBA (Agri Business)||MBA (Energy & Environment)|
|MBA (Telecom Management)||MBA (Communication Management)|
|MBA (Operations Management)||MBA (Information Technology Business Management)|
|MBA (Data Science and Data Analytics)||MBA (Hospital & Healthcare Management)|
|MBA (Banking and Finance)||MBA (Sports Sciences)|
• A Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from any recognised college/university with at least 50 per cent aggregate marks.
• Candidates from Scheduled caste/Scheduled tribe must secure a minimum of 45 per cent in their graduation from any recognised institute in any discipline.
• Candidates who have obtained foreign degrees/qualifications should it verified from AIU before applying for admission to any programme under Symbiosis University.
• The final year graduation students are also eligible to apply for SNAP exam. However, they must complete their bachelor's degree with the requisite aggregate percentage or equivalent CGPA during admission.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card | Other
|ST, General, SC, OBC||Offline, Online||Male, Female, Transgender||₹ 1750|
The SNAP registration amount (Rs. 1750) can be paid through i) Demand Draft ii) Indian Bank Gateway iii) Axis Bank Gateway iv) Billdesk Gateway.
Payment through demand draft- Firstly, examinees should choose the mode of Payment as 'DD Payment' in "Make Payment" tab.
Then a demand draft (DD) of Rs. 2065 (SNAP Application Fee- Rs.1750 and Rs. 315 as GST @18%) needs to be drawn from any Nationalized Bank in favour of “Symbiosis Test Secretariat” payable at Pune. A print of the payment advice form is a mandate after filling in the DD Details including candidates' signature. Then it has to be sent along with the DD to the Symbiosis Test Secretariat only at,
SYMBIOSIS TEST SECRETARIAT,
SYMBIOSIS INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Gram: Lavale, Tal: Mulshi, Dist.: Pune – 412115
Phone: 020-39116226/ 27.
Prospective test takers must supply their correct legal name, DOB (date of birth), contact number and email address since these details are not editable once the SNAP registration process is complete.
Candidates will not be able to change of test city requests once they have completed their SNAP online test payment.
Candidates should be cautious at the time of uploading their latest scanned colour passport size photo(no older than 3 months) at the time of online registration for the SNAP.
All the information entered by the aspirants should be accurate.