Explanation


Explanatory Answer

Currently, 95% flowers are sunflowers and remaining 5% flowers are orchids.

Suppose initially, there are 5x orchids and 95x sunflowers.

If 5x orchids are added, number of orchids will be 10x.

If the percent of orchids is to drop to one-fifth of what it currently is, we will have 1% orchids and 99% sunflowers.

That means number of sunflowers should be 99 times the number or orchids of number of sunflowers should be 99 × 10x = 990x.

The ratio of the number of sunflowers now to the number of sunflowers

The number of sunflowers that should be added as a percentage of the number of sunflowers already present = 942%.

Hence, option c. is correct.

Share this Post:

 WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?

Don't Miss this Opportunity to Learn from the kitabee for Best Cat Coaching in Delhi!