The IIFT entrance test is a national-level management entrance exam conducted annually by the rather exclusive Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, for admission to its MBA (IB) program at its campuses in New Delhi, Kolkata, and Dar-es-Salaam (Tanzania). IIFT offers an excellent ROI to candidates (The avg. package is between 16-19 LPA). IIFT is conducted between the last week of November and the first week of December every year. The exam is conducted in approximately 20 cities of India.
Tuition Fee for IIFT's 2 year MBA (International Business) offered at New Delhi & Kolkata
Category of candidate
Total Fee (Tuition + Other Cost)
Rs.15.7 lakh + Rs.55,000
SC / ST/ PH
Rs.7.8 lakh + Rs.50,000
Non-Indian national/ NRI/ children of NRI
$ 60,000 + Rs.55,000
MBA (IB) tuition fee for IIFT campus in Dar-es-Salaam, Tanzania, Africa
Following are the total fee details for the 2 year MBA degree to be awarded in 2018 - 2019:
Total fee for Tanzanians: US$ 6700 (Rs. 4.5 lakh approximately)
Total fee for international students: US$ 9600 (Rs. 6.5 lakh approximately)
The IIFT is one of the very few entrance examinations that are still conducted in offline or paper-pencil mode at around 18 exam centers across India. Through this exam, IIFT Delhi offers around 600 seats at its Delhi and Kolkata campus. Around 75,000 candidates appeared for the exam in 2018.
The application process for IIFT 2019 starts in August each year. Candidates who qualify the exam are shortlisted cleared for a further selection process which includes an Essay Writing Test, GD, and PI
Candidates who wish to apply for the exam must check the IIFT 2019 eligibility criteria first. Here are the complete eligibility criteria for IIFT exam for this year.
1. General category candidates with a minimum 3-year graduation degree in any discipline with 50% marks from a recognized university/institute/college are eligible to apply.
2. SC, ST and PWD (Persons with Disabilities) candidates with minimum 45% marks in graduation are eligible to apply.
3. Those who are in their final year of college may also apply, however, they need to submit the proof of requisite qualification by October 7, 2019.
4. Foreign nationals and NRIs too can apply for IIFT entrance exam with a valid GMAT score which is not older than one year.
5. Candidates of any age can apply for IIFT entrance exam.
Note: The eligibility criteria remains more or less same every year.
Mode of Application : Online
Mode of Payment : Net Banking | Credit Card | Debit Card
Female, Transgender, Male
OBC, ST, SC, General
Female, Transgender, Male
Points to remember:
The registration cum application process for IIFT starts generally in August each year . The last date to fill the application form is generally in September. The IIFT application process is completely online. Here is some important points that every applicant must take into consideration.
1. Firstly, all aspirants must undertake a primary registration process by filling in personal details, contact number, email id, and password.
2. Next, candidates need to fill in the academic and personal details.
3. In the third step pays his/her application fees. An applicant may use net banking, credit cards, debit cards, or DDs. The application fee for foreign nationals and NRIs is Rs. 5500.
*Refer to the table above
4. The final step of the IIFT application process requires that all aspirants upload a scanned copy of their recent photographs (size: not more than 50KB) and signature (size: not more than 20KB) in JPEG/JPG format.
5. Ensure that contact number(s) and email ids are entered correctly as all communication related to the exam will be sent to those only.
The IIFT exam has six sections - English Grammar, Vocabulary and Comprehension, General Knowledge and Current Affairs, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Quantitative Analysis.
The duration of this exam is of two hours. There is no time limit for any section which allows students to play to their strengths. However, this also makes time management during the exam itself a key challenge. The total marks scorable on the exam are 100. Another challenge that some students face is that the number of questions keeps changing every year. Last year, the exam had 114 questions( 114, questions in 2019, 114 Questions in IIFT 2018; 123 Questions in 2017). All questions on the exam are MCQs (multiple choice questions. ) IIFT Marking Scheme – Going by the most recent question paper, the marking scheme for IIFT 2019 entrance exam was different for each section. Case in point, this year, in the Data Interpretation(DI) section, each question carried 1 mark, while in Verbal Ability, each question carried 0.5 mark. Under the negative marking scheme developed by IIFT, for each wrong response will be deducted 1/3rd of its allotted mark. IIFT 2019 Cutoff
The minimum marks required to qualify for the selection rounds are called ‘the cutoff’.
The cutoff depends on an assortment of factors including the difficulty level of the test, the total number of test takers, number of seats available, etc.
Candidates who meet the IIFT cutoff criterion as announced by IIFT are called for ‘selection rounds’ - Writing test, GD, and PI.
The shortlisted candidates will be assigned a centre for the selection rounds. The list of centers includes Ahmadabad, Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Lucknow, to name a few.
IIFT Selection Process
The selection process of IIFT 2019 will start after the announcement of the result. IIFT Delhi will announce the cutoff for IIFT 2019 exam along with the result in the first week of January.
Based on the IIFT 2019 cutoff, candidates will be shortlisted for the selection process.
The IIFT 2019 selection process will include - Writing test, Group Discussion and Personal Interview.
The weight given to each round is different. The final selection of a candidate will be based on the overall performance in all the rounds, including his/her performance on the IIFT 2019 exam.
GD and PI rounds are useful in judging confidence level, personality, verbal communication skills, and knowledge of relevant current affairs . Along with acing the writing test, which is also a part of the selection process, candidates must perform well in the two aforementioned rounds to get an offer of admission to this prestigious institution.
For the writing test, GD and PI, IIFT Delhi will allocate the centres to the shortlisted candidates. These centres will be - Bengaluru, Chennai, Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata, Lucknow, etc.