In this article I will be shedding light on a common and intriguing specialization: “MBA in Marketing” and ranking some Top MBA Colleges for Marketing in India in the order of preference that you must consider. This would help you in selecting a B-School that would suit their need of a specialization.
What is MBA in Marketing?
MBA in Marketing has become one of the most desirous specializations sought out by MBA aspirants. MBA in Marketing specialization covers everything from identifying consumer’s needs to its fulfillment and after-sale services. This process itself involves various business aspects related to, brand management, Retail Management, Consumer and Sales management, Marketing strategies at global and national level, digital marketing, new product development etc.
Various career options you could look at after MBA in Marketing are:
Area Sales Manager
Digital Marketing Manager
Offline marketing manager
Consumer-Relation Manager/Relationship Manager
Business Development Manager
However, the skill set acquired during MBA in Marketing doesn’t end here; it prepares you for dozen other career options and even entrepreneurship.
Why MBA in Marketing?
MBA in Marketing currently stands as one of the most preferred courses by students going in for MBA as well as professionals seeking to climb up the career ladder. The career in marketing:
promises a wide variety of job roles
A position of repute in a company
Entrepreneurial outlook especially in the roles of Product Management
brings lucrative career opportunities
A lot of students interested in MBA in Marketing also go ahead and do short term courses in Digital Marketing, Artificial intelligence, Machine Learning etc. before/during their MBA which projects them as marketing specialists.
My preference for Top MBA Colleges for Marketing in India
1. IIM A - Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad
2. IIM C - Indian Institute of Management, Kolkata
3. IIM B - Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore
4. FMS - Faculty of Management Studies, Delhi University
5. ISB - Indian School of Business, Hyderabad
6. IIM L - Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow
7. XLRI - Xavier Labour Research Institute, Jamshedpur
8. MICA - Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad
9. MDI - Management Development Institute, Gurgaon
10. SPJIMR - SP Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai
For more updates, follow KitabeePrep on Instagram or visit www.kitabee.in.